Friday, July 9, 2010

Uh, what just happened?

Okay, so as my sister pointed out, I haven't been doing that great at keeping this thing updated. But I have a really good excuse: we had a week to pack things up in Georgia, took 5 days to drive across the ENTIRE country (again), and sat homeless for two weeks with a gigantor moving truck until we could find a place to live. Sounds fun, don't it? Well, we did have lots of fun inbetween the stressful parts, camping, visiting friends and family, the zoo. So we can't complain too much. We have been settling things in these last couple of weeks and now I can finally feel like I can sit down and document our crazy start to the summer.

This is going to be a SUPER long post, so don't fizzle out on me! I will start at the beginning, Taylor's birthday, then continue on down until Independence day. And there is alot in between, so, here we go!

Tay's B-day:

Tay's b-day was pretty low key (as can be imagined). But she didn't mind one bit, as long as she got cake and could open presents :)


I was so glad that I was able to talk her down from another princess cake (I just didn't have the time and energy...) and she was really happy with this ugly party hat one. I'm also really glad that I took this picture as soon as I was done decorating, because one certain little brother got his fat little fingers into it shortly thereafter...

Airbourne Graduation:
This was so cool, the Silverwing unit did a demonstration for us, jumping from 12,ooo feet, doing lots of flips and tricks, then landing on a dime right in front of us. Way cool.

We are so proud of Daddy!!!



Memorial Day Weekend Camping Trip:
All the cuz's riding the four wheeler with Gramps. Yes, it was cold...



And here they are again, this time on a horsie with Unky Joe.


Grandpa Arlo lures Logan in with mini marshmallows... Really funny, if you were there, you know what I'm talkin about!


Shooting guns. Taylor was a natural. And was not afraid one bit, I'm just glad that Daddy had a hold of her!


Logan, showing off his inheritance...
Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of us fishing. That was way fun too, expecially since we caught thirty some odd fish over the three days we were there... :)


Trip to the Sound with Weber's:
We took a break from house hunting to enjoy the sunny weather. The Puget Sound is only about 10 miles from my new house, and it's awesome!
The boys throwing rocks into the water. I found this male recession back to the cave man days quite hilarious, I had to take a pic. Oh, and yes, Joey got a terrible sunburn on the inside of his legs for sitting in that position for so long. Ha Ha!


Logan, enjoying the cool water.


Taylor, the poser as always...


Ty is pointing out a crab scurrying away. The kids didn't want to get to close, though. :)



Trip to the Zoo:
After we found a house (in Lacey, Washington, right next to Olympia) we got rid of the moving truck and headed down to Portland to spend some time with the Marshalls. After signing in at the base, Tyler was able to have a few days before reporting to his unit, so this is how we spent it (yeah, I know, instead of unpacking...)

These are some pretty tired guys, after walking around the zoo for 3 hours.


Same thing with Taylor!


A humungous croc. Wow, he was huge. And had lots of teeth.


Logan loved the monkeys. What can you expect?


Checkin out the hippos.


Bangin on the bongos with Grandma.
There were TONS of animals there, I just don't have the room on here to show them all. It was way fun.



The 4th of July:
Taylor took this picture of Great G&G Marshall. We watched fireworks by their house, really fun.


Me and Tay, waiting for the show to start!
I tried to take a picture of the fireworks, but it was aweful. So, this is all you get!
Okay, now I'm all up to date! Hopefully I don't have to do this again, I have sat at the computer for 2 hours, not counting the time taken to feed and take care of the kids as they bug me incessantly. So, signing off, until next time!





















3 comments:

Abram said...

Looks like you guys are having a good summer. It was good to see you in Idaho at Memorial Day!

Take care!

bren said...

HEy Erica, it's Brendi Blankenfeld. I found your blog through Megan Love's. I wanted to add your link onto my blog and send you an invite to ours! Just email me at brendi.lee@gmail.com and I'll send you one! btw I think the last time we hung out, you were pregnant- so how old is your little boy then? Crazy how fast time flies! :)

G Love said...

Thanks for the update E-dog.....It was great to see all the pics of you guys and the kids. Looks like you had and are creating lots of cool memories. Tell Ty I said what's up please...later